You should have already received the concert Briefing notes via email as promised by Archie on Saturday, but for good measure we now have a Concert Notes webpage in the Member’s area of the website where you can find the notes and all the associated information you should need. If you have forgotten the member login details just use the password request form on the login page.
Concert Dress Code – Strictly full length for skirts/dresses!
The Dress Code for the concert is the same as our last concert at the Royal Festival Hall. This means that if you are wearing a dress or skirt it must be FULL LENGTH only!! Full details can be found in the Concert Notes. This is a big public event for us and a professional/standard appearance is very important. In addition, we are having a photo taken of the stage which we will be using in future, and do not want different lengths of skirts/dresses showing as it looks very messy! Thanks for your understanding.
Wednesday’s rehearsal will be your last chance to pre-order a Concert recording for the discounted price of £15. After that, the price will increase to £17.
NOTE: Anyone who has pre-ordered a copy must have made payment by Wednesday in order to secure their discount.
Note to all recent joiners – Have you got a Black Folder for the concert?
You should by now have a Black Folder for the concert. If you don’t, your last chance to get one will be on Wednesday. Ask ANYONE from the Committee if you need one and they’ll sort you out!
Life after Gerontius….Very Important Information – Please read on!
Some important things to note:
- Our Music Programme & Practise page is now updated and all PDFs are available from NOW for downloading and printing. Please try and get ahead of the game by printing your music well in advance.
- We will be kicking off rehearsals on 15th May with Mozart’s Missa Brevis in D. Please click this link for the PDF to download and print to make sure you have music for that rehearsal – I’ve included it here to make it as easy as possible!
- You should also please order your copy of O Magnum Mysterium and/or an ESM (European Sacred Music) book if you have not already done so, by clicking this link.
- For those that are ‘Printer-Challenged’, we will be selling pre-printed copies of all PDFs for a small fee (depending on size).
- If you hired ‘The Dream’, please come along on the 15th with your scores all cleaned up and markings rubbed out, ready to hand in to Rachel. Please have her well-being in mind and don’t leave her with the job of rubbing-out a hundred-odd pages of score for 60-odd people…. 🙂
- Please note that anyone who hired their copy but cannot be at choir on the 15th to return it must find a way to get it back to us by then, as all the scores need to be returned on 16th. After that date we will incur fines which we will have to pass on! If there is enough interest, Rachel is happy to arrange to be at the URC on Sunday evening (12th) to allow you to drop off scores and collect PDFs. Please ask her on Wednesday.
- It is a good time to invite friends/family to the rehearsal on 15th if they are interested in joining us, for starting this next programme.
Petworth Festival Service – Request for Singers not going on Tour!
Just a note that Matthew Cooke, who occasionally stands in for Jo for us on the piano, is once again organising the music for the Petworth Festival Service on Tuesday 16th July. All are welcome to join the augmented choir for this event.
Rehearsals will take place in St Mary’s on Friday evenings during June and early July, with the final rehearsal at 4 30 on the day, followed by the Festival Service at 6 30. The service will last around an hour and will be followed by wine and canapés. Music will include Stanford’s Te Deum in B flat with organ, brass and timpani, as well as well known hymns and descants chosen by key figures of the Festival organisation.
Stewart Collins will give the address, reflecting on his ten years so far as director.
If you are interested in attending this event and are not going on Tour with us, please email Mathhew on email@example.com to let him know.
~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ –
That’s it for now…not long to go now. See you on Wednesday – and I leave you with this thought from the Master…