The Open Rehearsal at All Hallows, Tillington last night was a great success on so many levels:
- We increased awareness of the music and the preparation involved in putting on such a concert
- We raised funds for the church (not sure how much yet!)
- The refreshments were great and a good time (hopefully) was had by all!
- some tickets were sold for our performance on 8th May
So many thank you’s to all involved from our choir:
- Thanks to Archie for his formidable organisation alongside Gillie, making sure it all went smoothly
- Thank you to all the non-singing husbands who helped, and to all those who arrived
- and last but not least a big thank you to Graham, who managed to make it an interesting and entertaining evening for the audience, as well as getting us a step nearer to perfection on 8th May!
Keep your concert memories alive!!
In 2016 we made a recording of our performance of Verdi Requiem, which was very popular among Choir members. This year we are moving ahead with the technical progress and offering downloadable recording! The recording will be a wonderful memento of the concert, and is only being offered to choir members – not for commercial sale.
Order early to take advantage of £15 (discounted) Price!
The recording will be made by a professional company – NINTH WAVE AUDIO, who specialise in classical music recording, have a full range of state of the art equipment and a track record of recording concerts for the BBC and at The Royal Festival Hall.
The recording should be ready by mid June 2019, and will be available to download from the internet. It is not for commercial use, but you can buy it for yourself or as a present to your friends and family. It cannot be copied to other choir members, but can be played on any computer, mobile phone, iPad, iPod, MP3 player or even in your car!
£15 (i.e. discounted) if ordered before he concert (8th May 2019)
£17 if ordered/purchased after the concert
If necessary we are offering a CD recording, but please do be aware that this is an additional cost to the choir and will take an additional 14 days for printing and delivery, so we are recommending a digital recording as the more flexible and preferred option.
Elgar Walk – This Sunday 14th April!
Just a reminder that Amanda is hosting this wonderful tour through Elgar’s history next Sunday – a 3 hour circular walk starting and ending at Fittleworth Village Hall, exploring the environment of the Great Man. All funds raised will go towards our choir’s concert fund. Tickets are £5 each and can be bought on the day from Amanda, but please bring £5 in cash. Meet at Fittleworth Village Hall 10:30am.
- ~ -The walk goes straight past Brinkwells (where he lived) and includes access to The Studio, where Elgar actually composed his last 4 major works (although it is now privately owned so doesn’t necessarily have his furniture!)
- The Studio is currently owned by the film director that made and directed the 2007 film Elgar’s Tenth Muse on location there (starring James Fox)
- Dog Friendly
- Bring sandwiches, water etc
Choir members, friends and family are all welcome.