….AND THERE WILL BE NO CHOIR ON 17th APRIL (EASTER BREAK)!
As you will hopefully know by now, we are very excited to be hosting our next rehearsal at the beautiful All Hallows Church, Tillington with a difference – we will have an audience!
The plan is to go over again the last part of Gerontius from page 163 (Souls in Purgatory), and then to go back to the beginning, which we haven’t revisited for a while…..
So….in order to dust off the cogs whirring away in our brains, and prove to everyone that we know what we are doing, it would be really helpful (and one would venture to say necessary(!)) for all of you to re-familiarise yourselves with these first choruses again before the rehearsal. Please do take some time to look at this again so that we can concentrate on dynamics and making it sound wonderful, rather than just going back to learning the notes – which won’t be very interesting for our audience. We’ve covered everything now – from hereon in it’s all about polishing it to performance level.
Although many of you know the church in Tillington well, here is some information on the evening in store:
- We are aware there may be a shortage of parking available, so we suggest meeting up in the Main Petworth Town car park at 7.10 pm to see if you can share lifts with other choir members and minimise the number of cars in Tillington.
Saturday Tea & Cakes – we broke all records!!
A huge thank you to Sally and her team and all the cake bakers on Saturday. The other 2 choirs have asked me to thank you for a stunning display of cakes, and I’m pleased to let you know that your efforts raised a staggering £471 – a welcome addition to choir funds!
Elgar Walk – Next Sunday 14th April!
Just a reminder that Amanda is hosting this wonderful tour through Elgar’s history next Sunday – a 3 hour circular walk starting and ending at Fittleworth Village Hall, exploring the environment of the Great Man. All funds raised will go towards our choir’s concert fund. Tickets are £5 each and can be bought on the day from Amanda, but please bring £5 in cash. Meet at Fittleworth Village Hall 10:30am.
- The walk goes straight past Brinkwells (where he lived) and includes access to The Studio, where Elgar actually composed his last 4 major works (although it is now privately owned so doesn’t necessarily have his furniture!)
- The Studio is currently owned by the film director that made and directed the 2007 film Elgar’s Tenth Muse on location there (starring James Fox)
- Dog Friendly
- Bring sandwiches, water etc
Choir members, friends and family are all welcome.
Easter Break 17th April – Next Joint Rehearsal Saturday April 27th
As mentioned previously, there will be no choir on Wednesday 17th April when we will have an Easter Break. But this doesn’t mean you should stop practising….!! We will be back with a vengeance on Weds 24th at the URC, and don’t forget the Joint Rehearsal at Berkhamsted Civic Centre, 161 High Street, Berkhamsted, HP4 3HD. Doors will open at 9.30am for a 10am start. Do buy a coach ticket/car share if at all possible. You can buy coach tickets for all our remaining joint rehearsals by emailing email@example.com.
Also on June 19th our normal Wednesday rehearsal will be moved to Friday 21st June. This is to accommodate Graham conducting a concert in Moscow!
Please check our Diary Dates regularly to make sure you’re up-to-date on all our future events and term times!
Gerontius – Concert Update
- Tickets are selling well but we could do better! We are trying to hit our target of 3 tickets per person on average, so if you’ve bought less than that please think about who you can invite to come along.
- Jill Glenn (BCS Chair) has been working really hard on producing a stunning programme for us, and I’m pleased to say that Advertisements in the programme are now full! Thanks to everyone for your support if you have placed an advert. This is really appreciated and helps greatly towards the concert effort.
- Many of the routes around hotels in London for flyer distribution have been taken now, but there are still some that need volunteers to come forward. If you’d like to organise a group to what promises to be a fun activity, but which helps the concert publicity enormously at the same time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Raffle Roll Over!
Because of everything going on, the Raffle will be rolled over until after the Easter Break – so don’t despair if you’ve bought a ticket and haven’t heard anything – you might be lucky yet!
~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ –
That’s it for now folks – see you on Wednesday before 7.30pm at Tillington Church!