We’re hoping to see all of you at our first Joint Workshop this coming Saturday in Amersham, where we will join our 2 sister choirs to practise what we’ve learnt so far as a full choir. For the first time for this programme we will start to get a feel of what we will sound like as a chorus of over 250 singers – all very exciting!!
The workshop will start at 10am (sharp!) and will end at 3pm.
- By Coach: For those of you who have booked a seat on the coach, the journey should be very easy for you: all you have to do is turn up with your music by 8am at the Sylvia Beaufoy Youth Centre carpark in Petworth GU28 0ET (by the Midhurst roundabout, within sight of the Augustus Brandt showrooms). Please note if you are late the coach will be departing at 8.15am come what may!
- By Car: If you’re driving there, the venue address is: Kings Church, Raans Road, Amersham HP6 6LX. There is free parking on site.
Upon Arrival – Seating!
As you know, Archie has been very busy working out seating plans. At the moment the seating plan is subject to change. This first seating plan has been made for the King’s Church specifically, but has been designed with the RFH Concert in mind (i.e. voice sections will be in the same sort of areas).
We all find Seating Plans rather stressful (singers and organisers alike!), so in order to avoid delays and make the seating allocation as efficient and choir-friendly as possible, the approach we have taken is as follows:-
- Every choir member has been individually allocated a seat on the plan, based initially on alphabetical order.
- Upon arrival, check the seating plan, and go to your allocated seat
- If there is anyone that you would like to sit near or next to, feel free to swap with another singer, but they must be in your section (and they must agree to it 🙂 )
- Make a note of your new position in your voice section on the seating plan for future rehearsals/the concert itself
- Be prepared to change your seating position if asked to do so by Archie or Graham. This will be for balance reasons and we ask for your co-operation should the need arise.
CLICK HERE FOR SATURDAY’S SEATING PLAN (Several pages!)
If you want to save some time on Saturday, feel free to find your name on the plan (from Page 2 onwards) and start thinking about who you might want to swap with.
Refreshments – Going Green!
There will be a few opportunities for refreshments during the workshop – on arrival, mid-morning and lunch time, and for a small donation you can buy yourself some Tea/Coffee and a slice of cake.
However we have been asked to point out to you that Chorleywood Choral Society would like to go a bit greener than normal on the coffee cup front and minimise the amount of disposable cardboard cups we might get through. Therefore – if you have any re-usable coffee mugs that you would like them to fill, that will be actively encouraged! They’ll still request the nominal £1 donation but do try and support their bid to do a bit for the environment. They will still have plenty of disposables available if needed but ideally not use as many.
You will no doubt need something more substantial for lunch though after all that singing, so please do remember to bring some sandwiches and plenty of water etc.
Tickets will be on sale!
…and of course you will be able to buy tickets for the RFH concert, for coaches and for our Open Rehearsal on 10th April. Please do pin down your family & friends to get these sorted!
~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~
That’s it for now then – we hope to see you all on Saturday in good voice (stay away from any germ-ridden people!) and in the meantime please practise as much as you can, especially the dynamics and little details that Graham worked into the choruses on Wednesday (and obviously before that too…).
…and apologies but I couldn’t resist this one!