Firstly well done to everyone for the progress we made on the tricky Clods of Brute Earth on Wednesday….I was amazed at how quickly we seemed to get it to such a reasonable standard! As Graham said, another sectional will take place next week and we’ll try and nail this tricky section – then hopefully the rest of it will be plain sailing 🙂
Keep going over those practise files – the Choralia ones are very useful, but Choraline offers ones with real voices rather than synthesised, and we have a discount code you can use. All this info is on our Music Programme & Practise page.
We have booked excellent soloists…!
We have now recruited some really exciting soloists for the concert and the great news is, subject to final confirmation they will be attending our final rehearsal on Monday 6th May so you can meet/hear them beforehand!
More info will be forthcoming (watch Facebook!) as we get further into it but here is a taster…
Tenor (Gerontius): Andrew Kennedy Andrew has a truly great voice and is an amazingly musical singer with real integrity. He will be an exciting addition to the concert.
Andrew has sung principal roles in major opera houses of the world – indeed there are a great many of his recordings on Spotify and Youtube.
and our Mezzo Soprano and Baritone are also top-notch and have both sang many times at the Royal Opera House and top worldwide opera houses.
Mezzo Soprano (Angel): Kathleen Wilkinson
Baritone (Priest): Keel Watson
IMPORTANT: We’d like to gauge your appetite on a couple of things…!
Please can you help us by completing this really quick survey to establish whether there is an appetite for:
- a recording of the concert (bearing in mind these amazing soloists!)
- a coach to the final rehearsal at Cranmore School. All other Away Day Rehearsals will have the option of a coach. PLEASE NOTE: In order to accommodate the soloist rehearsals, the current thinking is that the rehearsal may be from 1.30pm for a 2pm start, finishing at 5pm. The Diary Dates will be updated once this has been confirmed.
…it’s the only way we can make a decision on whether to commit to these financially, so if you want either of these to happen, make sure we have your vote!
Christmas Concert photos
Thanks to Christopher Esdaile’s efforts we have some lovely concert photos that we can now share with you (after obtaining all the required permissions….!). Do take a look – not just at Christmas but at all our Gallery pages – it’s a nice way of explaining the essence of our choir to family and friends.
We also have some recordings from our Prague concerts on tour last Summer, which we will shortly be putting on our website Members’ area – watch this space…!
Our Social Media pages have a new editor!
You may have noticed a sudden surge in activity on our Facebook and Instagram pages…? I am very pleased to announce that Amanda McKee has volunteered to be our Social Media editor! Please do support her efforts by visiting the pages and liking/sharing the content with your friends and family, and be prepared for some interesting info over the next few weeks. So if you don’t use Facebook or Instagram, this is a really good excuse to start – you don’t have to sign up to Facebook to view our posts!
Amanda would also like to ask you to send any suggested content to her at our special Social Media mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. Right now she’s collecting anything interesting and relevant to our next concert on 8th May, or any photos you’ve taken which may be of interest.
Bumper Raffle last week!
I can’t leave without saying a big thank you and well done to our top Raffle sales team – The Burtons – who have thrown themselves into the role of Raffle ticket selling with great aplomb! If you weren’t approached last Wednesday, where were you? 🙂 This really helps to support the choir financially and allows you all to benefit at the same time – a win-win! Thank you all for your support – keep it coming!
The Leconfield Singers – Email Mailboxes
We have subtlely been adding to/changing all our mailboxes so I thought it might be useful to give you a run-down of them as there are some new ones.
Having these mailboxes allows you to direct your emails to particular people, however don’t worry if it’s all a bit too confusing, just send it to our general email address email@example.com and it will get to the right place eventually!
The general running of the choir:
- For general queries/comments/suggestions – firstname.lastname@example.org or the existing email@example.com
- Emails to our Chairperson (Jeannie) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails to Graham concerning the music in specifically – email@example.com
- Emails to your Treasurer (Ruth) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails to your Membership Secretary (Bridget) – email@example.com
- Emails to your Librarian (Rachel) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails concerning the Tea Rota (Christine) – email@example.com
- Emails concerning Social Media (Amanda) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Group/Voice Section Reps:
- Emails concerning Sopranos (Emma H) – email@example.com
- Emails concerning Altos (Rosie) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails concerning Tenors (David L) – email@example.com
- Emails concerning Basses (Nick) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails concerning Concert management (Archie) – email@example.com
- Emails concerning Concert or Workshop refreshments (Sally) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails concerning the Summer Tour (Claire/Michael): email@example.com
NOTE: All these email addresses are available now permanently on our website – visit Email addresses from the Members Info submenu.
~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ –
PHEW! So much going on…!! That’s it for now though…but please do remember to fill out the survey – it will only take a few seconds and it helps us enormously.
See you on Wednesday – and keep practising 🙂