Well fingers crossed for the weather for next Sunday – it looks to be dry so far for our Bignor Park performances….
We’re not producing Concert Notes as such, but you should find everything you need to know summarised on this post.
Folders & Music
- CLICK HERE for a printable running order to stick in your folders. Note: Best results are achieved by downloading the document prior to printing it.
- Before the day you will need to organise your folders – although if you’re going on Tour you’ll obviously have to do this on the Sunday morning! 🙂
Dress Code (as per Tour/Autumn Concert)
- Black dress or skirt no shorter than below the knee OR Black trousers
- Black top with shoulders covered (short sleeves are OK)
- Black shoes (tights optional)
- Discreet jewellery
- No High Heels (they will just sink into the grass!)
- Black shirt
- Black trousers
- Black socks and shoes
Instructions for your arrival
The event is taking place at Bignor Park, RH20 1HG.
- You should aim to arrive at around 11.30am for a rehearsal starting at 11.45am, in your normal clothes (there will be a chance to change into your concert dress after the rehearsal)
- Upon arrival to the main car park, there will be stewards there to direct you. Ask to be directed to where the Leconfield Singers are performing – they will have been told where this is beforehand
- We will meet in the Green Room marquee near the Greek Loggia
- There will be a steward posted in the area to keep an eye on possessions in the Green Room marquee although it can’t be locked
- There will be two gazebos leading off the Green Room marquee for male and female changing. These marquees are very close to where we’ll be performing
- The event as a whole starts at 1pm, with the gates open to the audience from 12.30pm
- Performances will be 20 minutes each, scheduled at 1.15pm, 2.15pm and 3pm
- We should be finished by 3.30pm
- We don’t have access to any of the Bignor Park buildings, so the only toilets we will have access to are the ones hired in for the public
- The performing area is the absolutely beautiful loggia lawn. The general public is not allowed on the lawn as it is kept in perfect condition for wedding ceremonies, so it will be roped off and only our choir allowed on it, with the audience just a few feet away on the surrounding path.
- There will not be any staging on the lawn
Singers on Tour – bring the Bignor Madrigals with you!
If we get a chance, we might be practising some of the 3 Bignor-only madrigals whilst on tour, so do please bring the music for ALL your madrigals on tour. The more practise we get before Sunday the better 🙂
Pre-Tour Rehearsal tomorrow
Tourers – we’ll see you tomorrow at our final pre-tour rehearsal at the Sacred Heart Church. Graham would like to see all soloists at 6pm, and the rehearsal is 7-9PM.
~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~
Any questions – just ask! See you next Sunday if not on Tour!