I’m also delighted to announce that Phil Scriven, our illustrious organist, will be playing the delightful Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor by J.S. Bach for the organ solo, which I’m sure you’ll all recognise!
Bignor Alive! Update
Here are some new facts/reminders of the Bignor Alive! event.
- We’d like all choir members to arrive at Bignor Park at 11.30am for a rehearsal to start at 11.45am.
- After parking your cars you can drop off your bags in the Green Room marquee. There will be a steward posted in the area to keep an eye on things although it can’t be locked
- There will be two gazebos leading off the Green Room marquee for male and female changing. These marquees are very close to where we’ll be performing
- The event as a whole starts at 1pm, with the gates open to the audience from 12.30pm
- Performances will be 20 minutes each, scheduled at 1.15pm, 2.15pm and 3pm
- We should be finished by 3.30pm
- Dress Code will be as per the Summer Tour/Autumn Concert (men in black shirts – ladies NO HIGH HEELS PLEASE)
- We don’t have access to any of the Bignor Park buildings, so the only toilets we will have access to are the ones hired in for the public
- The performing area is the absolutely beautiful loggia lawn. The general public is not allowed on the lawn as it is kept in perfect condition for wedding ceremonies, so it will be roped off and only our choir allowed on it, with the audience just a few feet away on the surrounding path.
- There will not be any staging on the lawn – hence ladies are advised not to wear high heels (sorry to repeat this but it’s very important!)
It’s not to late to tell us if you’d like to sing at Bignor Park – we’re particularly short of 1st Basses!
As posted last week, we’re not offering pre-printed versions of the Madrigals and ESM music, but we can send you a PDF if you request one on the form below by Weds 4th July.
If you’d like to be sent PDFs of your music please complete this form and press the SUBMIT button:
The PDFs should be downloaded first, then printed DOUBLE-SIDED and stapled into a booklet that slides in to your folders. We can do this because you all have licensed copies of the music. Don’t forget to write your notes back on to your printed PDFs!
The Diary Dates have been updated to include the Tour Information Evening on 11th July. Do print them off to be completely up-to-date with the Summer and Next Term’s dates.